Boy dies after contact with fentanyl

A 10-year-old boy died after coming into contact with fentanyl, a powerful opioid. WPEC.

A terrifying warning for parents after authorities say a young boy in South Florida died after being exposed to the powerful painkiller fentanyl.

According to the Miami-Dade Medical Examiner’s officer, a preliminary report found that 10-year-old Alton Banks died after he apparently came into contact with the potent mixture.

The State Attorney’s Office said the child was at a neighborhood pool then later that day became seriously ill and died.

Investigators say they aren’t sure where the boy came into contact with the drug but do not believe it was at his home.

His death is still under investigation but serves as a harsh reminder of just how dangerous fentanyl is.

It’s so potent that simply inhaling it or even touching it can be deadly.

Source

READ ---  Eye pain after total solar eclipse could be retina damage