Man dies from swimming days after getting tattoo, doctor says – MSNewsNow.com

Doctors said a man in Texas died from a bacterial infection, due to going swimming five days after getting a tattoo. (Source: Parkland Health & Hospital System/CNN)Doctors said a man in Texas died from a bacterial infection, due to going swimming five days after getting a tattoo. (Source: Parkland Health & Hospital System/CNN)
The 31-year-old quickly developed septic shock and died about two months later. (Source: Parkland Health & Hospital System/CNN)The 31-year-old quickly developed septic shock and died about two months later. (Source: Parkland Health & Hospital System/CNN)

(CNN) – Doctors said a man in Texas died because he went swimming too soon after getting a tattoo.

According to the medical journal “BMJ Case Reports,” he was in the Gulf of Mexico five days after the procedure.

That’s where he was infected by the bacteria causing the infection, vibriosis, which led to his hospitalization.

The 31-year-old quickly developed septic shock and died about two months later.

One of the top rules after getting a new tattoo is to avoid swimming and bathing, because it’s easy to pick up infections.

One doctor said the lesson here is to follow safety recommendations after getting new ink.

Copyright 2017 CNN. All rights reserved.

Source

READ ---  The Latest: Storm blamed for odd odors on British flights