Law enforcement agencies in the metro New Orleans area are joining a national drug initiative Saturday (Oct. 28) aimed at the safe disposal of expired and unused prescription medicine. The Drug Enforcement Administration’s “National Prescription Drug Take Back Day” allows people to drop off medication at several locations.
Expired, unused, and unwanted medications can be dropped off between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. at the following sites:
- Kenner Police Department at Ochsner Medical Center, 180 W. Esplanade Drive
- Louisiana State Police Troop B, 2101 Interstate 10 Service Road, Kenner, or any other troop location.
- Orleans Parish Sheriff’s Office, 2800 Perdido St.
- Xavier University Police Department, 3801 South Carrollton Ave.
- Tulane University Police Department – Tulane School of Medicine, 1430 Tulane Ave.
- Tulane University Police Department – Uptown District, 6823 Saint Charles Ave., Diboll Complex
- Southern University – New Orleans Police Department, SUNO Maintenance Building, 5400 Press Drive
- Westwego Police Department, 401 Fourth St.