SALISBURY, Md.- Police charged a man in the robbery of a Salisbury bank Friday.
According to police, 52-year-old Erland Edward Roessler III entered the PNC Bank on Isabella Street around 2 p.m. while wearing a mask and gave bank employees a note demanding money.
He implied that he had a weapon, and bank employees gave him an unspecified amount of money, police said.
After taking the money, he left on foot, police said. Nobody was injured in the incident.
According to police, detectives were able to capture images of Roessler from the bank’s surveillance cameras. The footage, along with witness interviews, helped detectives identify him as the suspect.
A search warrant was issued for Roessler’s home late Friday evening. A weapon was not located, but additional evidence related to the investigation was collected, police said.
Roessler was arrested and taken to the Wicomico County Detention Center, where he awaits an initial appearance before a district court commissioner.
He was charged with armed robbery, robbery, assault and theft.
- SpaceX supply ship reaches space station
- Cancer-Causing Contaminants Found in CT Water: See How Madison’s Supply Fares
- Cancer-Causing Contaminants Found in CT Water: See How East Haven’s Supply Fares
- UFC on FOX 25 video recap: Chris Weidman gets back on track, submits Kelvin Gastelum
- Microsoft profit beats expectations on strong cloud demand
- Google brings its fancy Motion Stills GIF-making app to Android
- Microsoft almost at cloud computing revenue goal
- UK’s first Development Bank will open in North Wales this autumn